Back to How-To
Cohost or moderate a session
Topic 5, Article / Instruction 2
Review meeting norms
Meeting room norms are a way of setting the expectations for behaviour during the session. Common meeting norms include asking participants to:
- Keep their mic muted unless instructed to turn them on.
- Remove distractions like other devices.
- Get comfortable and get a beverage.
- Be prepared to participate and take notes.
- Use or not to use the chat for specific purposes.
- Ask questions using one of the following methods as agreed upon by the presenter:
- raise their hand and then turn their mic on and ask the question when called upon, and/or
- type their question into the chat so that the presenter or moderator can read the question allowed, and/or
- have regularly scheduled times to stop and ask questions.