Cohost or moderate a session
Be assigned the role of host (optional)
By default, the role of host will be assigned to the presenter. You and your presenter may decide that it would be more practical for you, the cohost/moderator, to take on the roll of host so that you have full control of the meeting room features and this can allow the presenter to focus on presenting. Co-hosts do not have access to the following controls, only hosts can:
- Start closed captioning
- End meeting for all participants
- Make another participant a co-host
- Edit polls.
- Start breakout rooms or move participants from one breakout room to another
- Start waiting room (co-hosts can place participants in waiting room or admit/remove participants from the waiting room)
The presenter will need to do the following steps and then rejoin the meeting:
- Sign in to the Zoom Desktop Client.
- Start a meeting as the host.
- In the host controls, click End.
- Click Leave Meeting.
- Assign someone to be the new host, then click Assign and Leave.
- Rejoin the meeting as a participant.
It is highly recommended that presenters and co-hosts practice doing this before the actual session.